Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Art Class and Mentoring in Smyrna GA

This is just a short post! I woke up early this morning while still here in Sedona and was thinking of my classes in Georgia -- in Smyrna actually. I want to again put out there what I plan to do.

I have moved to Smyrna and have a wonderful space in my basement -- with a driveway and entrance -- that will be a great space to have small classes, mentoring sessions, open studio, etc. There are some windows, and it was an "in-law suite" -- so there is a full kitchen and a full bath right there! All the amenities we could need.

I will publish a calendar and send it out via e-mail to those that wish to sign up for the e-mail. It will contain the days I will be in the studio all day. You can call me, e-mail me or just show up. Of course, it would be nice to know you are planning to come! But, I will only have these sessions for students that contact me about them. This will not be for unknown students that could just show up at my door -- apologies to you -- but I need to know who is coming to my home and I am sure you understand this. You will only receive my address by private e-mail.

What I want is a true "mentoring" session for students -- not just showing you how to place a stroke on the canvas or paper. I will share all the knowledge I have accumulated in my art career. It also forces me to be in the studio and thinking about the "art career" aspect of being an artist -- not washing clothes, being on the computer, etc.  Remember, this is not a "class", but a thinking and planning, goal-setting, etc. course of study (along with painting, of course, if you wish). We will paint, discuss certain aspects of painting, critique, talk marketing, shows, framing, etc. . . . and I can gear it to what you need from me! All you have to do is let me know there is an aspect you wish to discuss.

The cost will be $25 for four hours of intensive work or thinking -- a very reasonable fee! You may be sharing the session. We will be able to have it from 8:00 - 12:00, 9:00 - 1:00, 12:00 to 4:00 . . . or I can be flexible! If you have a day job and need a night or weekend session, we will work something out. Though I mention putting out a calendar of days in the studio, please feel free to tell me your schedule and we will work something out to fit.

Now, for those students that feel they are more in the beginning of their painting career -- we can discuss a different kind of session. I don't mind special sessions just for you. We will discuss this on a one-on-one basis and the fee for that kind of session. You could consider this a private or semi-private class.

I do love teaching and have missed it -- since I have taken almost a year off.

Let me know -- I will be home from my Sedona trip about November 15th. I do still have some straightening up in the downstairs studio to do when I return. I don't think it will take me much to get it straight and ready for students. You can send me an e-mail to marshasavageart@yahoo.com and let me know your wishes and plans and we will structure something. . . . even at this time of year! You don't want to let this opportunity go even during the holiday season.

I look forward to hearing from you!

1 comment:

jeanie said...

I wish I lived close enough to participate. Miss you. Travel safely home.