Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Demonstration in Blue Ridge

This is just a quick note to tell everyone I will be at High Country Art & Antique Gallery in Blue Ridge, GA on Saturday, May 1 from 11:00 AM to about 4:30 PM (maybe 5:00) to demonstrate my painting techniques.

High Country Art & Antique Gallery is located at 715 East Main Street in downtown Blue Ridge, GA. It is very easy to find. The gallery is directly across from the train station and has a large green awning over the windows and door . . . about 4 or 5 businesses up from the traffic light on Main Street. The gallery is very eclectic and carries a wide variety of styles and mediums in art. Paintings of local scenes, abstract flowers, metal work, pottery, wonderful artistic jewelry, etc. can be found here. There is something for everyone.

On Saturday, I don't know yet if I will do a pastel or an oil -- haven't quite made up my mind yet. I love them both and have been alternating between both of these mediums the last year. I am more known for my pastel work, but I originally started out in oil painting. I love getting back into my oils in a big way. Lately, I have been creating oil paintings that are 4' x 3' on birch panels. But, this is too large for me to demo at the gallery. I might decide to do at least a relatively larger piece than is usually done for a demonstration -- maybe something like 18" x 24" or a similar size.

If I do plan a pastel painting, I will also do a larger one. Many times I will take several smaller pieces in and try to do 2 or 3 paintings during the course of the day. This time I am thinking larger might be a good demo change for me and the gallery visitors.

So . . . come by and see me and the wonderful High Country Art Gallery in Blue Ridge on Saturday, May 1. Be sure to let me know you saw this on my blog or on Facebook!

No comments: