Pages

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sold Painting at Quinlan Art Center

Well, so sorry, it has been a couple of weeks since I posted anything to the blog. This time of year is difficult because the holidays have a way of interrupting the time spent in the studio and on the computer. But good news was sent to me last Thursday from the Quinlan Art Center located in Gainesville, GA, to tell me I had sold one of the two paintings I had accepted into a "Members" show. Great news. In this economy that someone loved the painting enough to spend their hard earned money!



"Pool and Shadows"

This is a pastel painting about 11" x 14" on an Ampersand Pastelbord, but don't have my inventory book close so I can check the actual size. I also had another painting accepted into the show and will have to pick it up tomorrow.

The scene is from a photo I took at "Fiery Gizzard Preserve" near Monteagle, Tennessee. I would have loved to paint on location there, but the paths are a little treacherous to carry art supplies. So, instead I took many photographs and have done quite a few paintings from them. Even the other accepted painting was from the same locale.

The hike is relatively dark because of the overhanging trees and topography -- somewhat of a ravine -- and I thought the colors should help you feel the coolness of the day. So, I pushed the colors a little out of the "actual" local color you would see. Hope you can feel the coolness!

No comments: