Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Underpainting and Almost Finished Painting

Here are two shots of my painting on the easel ... from my travel to Wexford Ireland for the Art In The Open Plein Air Festival. This is a 14" x 11" on an Ampersand Pastelboard which was a "grey" one before the alcohol wash.

The first is the underpainting I did with pastel and alcohol. Just had started putting pastel on top at the top of the buildings in the sky -- the warmth at the bottom of the sky. Then I have where I was when I stopped late yesterday afternoon. Today I will go back to the studio and have a "fresh" look and try to determine what needs a little "fixing!"




This is about the fourth painting from my plein air pieces and photographs. Having a great time painting these and remembering being there!

No comments: