Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

My Trip to Ireland

I just returned from a plein air festival in Wexford Ireland ... Art In The Open! What a wonderful place to visit and the artists that put on this festival really worked hard. The people we met were the friendliest people I think I have ever encountered on any trip I have taken!

Here is a link to a fantastic video they produced: Art In The Open Video "http://youtu.be/j_uVrAZPRGk" . It is about a 10 minute video I think, but it gives a great idea about what this festival was about.

Here I am painting and almost finished at the "Quick Draw" and showing the painting with the view. This painting was awarded an "Owner's Award" which was an honor. The quick draw was a horn to start, two hours of painting from start to finish and the horn again to stop! Then they lined up all the easels and paintings along one street to be judged and also for the town people to be able to see! It was great fun.



The painting is a pastel on a Raymar Featherlite panel (which has canvas on it), but I coated it twice with Golden Fine Pumice Gel so I could then do the pastel on it. The size is 8" x 10". This painting is also one I decided to put into the show for the festival ... and it is still over in Ireland in the show along with two other pastel painting.

I'll post more later!

1 comment:

jackie simmonds said...

Look at you! You look so pro, sitting there in the open air, beavering away, with all the townsfolk looking over your shoulder no doubt! Even tiny, this looks like a winner. Well done you!