Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Paintings In Shows


Evening Cypress - Pastel, 12"x9"
 Some wonderful news has come my way! I received an e-mail notifying me of a painting accepted into the International Association of Pastel Societies (IAPS) Web Show. There was a panel of three jurors: Lorenzo Chavez, Margaret Evans, and Bill Hosner. I was also told there had been over 850 images for them to choose from -- and only 72 paintings were chosen. So . . . it is a great honor to have been chosen to be in the on-line show. The IAPS organization is a fantastic one and helps so many of our local or regional pastel societies with ideas, material, and a wonderful convention once every two years.

The painting is pastel, of course, and it is named "Evening Cypress." I painted in the studio from a photo I took at Lake Seminole at the Florida / Georgia border. The light was magnificent as it was going down that evening. Everything was tinged with the most fantastic oranges and pinks.

. . . And, my husband just sent me an e-mail a couple of days ago -- since I am still in Sedona AZ on a trip. He said they called from the Pastel Society of North Florida to notify me a painting I had accepted into their show had won an "Exceptional Merit Award!" The painting is "St. George Windswept" and it is a painting from the Florida island of St. George.


St. George Windswept - Pastel, 9"x12"
 This painting -- I think is a 9x12 but could be 11x14. I have not looked back at my information to be sure -- but I don't think I even have this one on my web site to look at. My inventory book is back home and I am in Sedona! I have a friend that has already spoken to buy this painting if it does not sell at the show in Florida.

Good things are happening! And, I will be in the January/February issue of the Pastel Journal in an article about regional painters! So, be sure to pick up a copy and read it. There will be two of my paintings of "creeks" in the article.

Okay, now I need to finish the next post about my trip I am on right now. Later!

1 comment:

Alaine said...

Evening Cypress is just gorgeous! You are so talented!