Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

Demo In High Country Gallery in Blue Ridge, GA


Saturday, I will be demonstrating painting in my gallery, High Country Art, in Blue Ridge GA all day -- and my mentor, Elsie Dresch, will be joining me. We decided to do a "duo" demonstration. We will work on our own paintings, not the same one! We should be set up and started painting by about 11:00 a.m. and will probably finish up around 4:30 p.m. Come visit Blue Ridge and come by to see us!
The painting above was the oil demonstration I did last month at the gallery. I finished it here in my studio, tweaking some of the compositional elements -- like defining the shadows, softening the edges in places, changing the color of the silo roof, etc. I think it is working pretty good. I decided to frame it to take to the gallery for this weekend. I usually "kill off" some paintings by working too long instead of leaving it fresh. I tried not to over think this one. The sky is much more "free" than I usually do, but decided I like it even with its unusual colors.

No comments: