Pages

Friday, March 14, 2008

Trepidation on Starting A Blog


I hope you will visit my blog often. I plan to show paintings either in progress or just completed. Occasionally, I will even show them as a how-to demonstration. I plan to have discussions about various aspects of a good painting, a good photograph, techniques on how best to teach students, and even wonderful places to go painting with your buddies!


So, let's get this ball rolling! I am attaching a photograph of a painting that just needs a spot, or dash, to finish it and then on to the framing! Plans are to enter this painting into a show. So far, I am quite happy with the colors.


My study at this time is on using color temperature instead of always relying on value! That does not mean that I forget it, or composition, or other aspects for a good painting.

5 comments:

bug said...

Well done! I'm thrilled you are joining the blog world; it's much fun and a great way for sharing, getting feedback, etc. You painting is beautiful; I have already added you to my "favorites" list and will check daily!

Karen said...

Welcome to the blog world! You are off to a great start and I know you will like it as much as we do! You are on my favorites list too!
Karen

Marsha Hamby Savage said...

Thanks guys! I knew you would be as excited as I am. Now, just to make sure I keep it as a part of my day -- or every-other day!

Carlyn Hardy said...

I can remember when I kept asking everyone, "what's a blog?" LOL Just don't do like I do and forget your password...for a year!

Great painting...looking forward to see what you'll be posting next!
carly
http://paintingoutdoors.com

Virginia L. Dauth said...

Blogging can be fun, but Ginny always forgets to take Digitals of her pieces before they are framed. I need a big sticky on my forehead. Love your pic, you look so glamorous.