Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

To Paint, Or Market?

I cannot believe I have not posted to my blog since last June. Where has the time gone? Have you said that to yourself? I think I will be trying for a schedule of posting, and not just painting!

Nickajack Music - Oil 24"x18"

How Often Should I Post?

Producing a body of work for several shows, a few competitions, and my galleries takes precedence over writing.

Most important was a solo show with over 80 paintings. But along with that, I also painted 8 paintings for a group show, 2 large pastels for the Women Painters of the Southeast juried show ... and painted for three other juried shows, submitted, but was not accepted! During that time, I also judged a show in North Carolina, taught a workshop for them, taught my annual workshop in Florida, created a proposal to teach at the next IAPS conventionn.

At the same time, I worked with American Art Collector magazine, being in three different articles, and advertise in January, March & April, 2014. I was interviewed by Steve Doherty, Managing Editor for the Plein Air Magazine, for a four-page Artist Focus in their May 2014 issue. It has been an extremely busy 6 months... ending 2013 and four months into 2014!

Protecting The Crop - Pastel 11"x14"
I picked up over 75 paintings from my Solo Show "It's The Journey" which was held in Blue Ridge, GA at The Art Center, Blue Ridge Mountains Arts Assoc.(BRMAA). The Art Center is the Historic Courthouse ... and has a fantastic organization and venue for showing art and teaching classes and workshops. They do handle all kinds of the "Arts" besides my type ... painting! Here is a link on Facebook to the album showing most of the paintings: It's The Journey Facebook Album.

So What Now?

This week I am finishing up work on a commission of Texas hill country. When that is done, I will be taking work to a new gallery for me ... Magnolia Art Gallery in Greensboro, GA. I have a pastel workshop scheduled for May 15 - 17 (Thurs., Fri. & Sat.) in St. Simons Island, GA, for the Glynn Arts Assoc. I will also be painting for the Monastery of the Holy Spirit Paint Out to celebrate their 70th Anniversary ... near Conyers GA from May 27 - 31 with a Wet Paint Sale on Sun., June 1.

So ... I plan to also post once per week to this blog about what I am doing and showing paintings in progress, or finished ... and also sharing some interesting posts by other artists, marketing gurus, and art associations. Do let me know if there is something you would like me to talk about, share tips, etc... my ears are always listening!



No comments: