Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

New Gallery in Blue Ridge

I want to let everyone know about a change for me in Blue Ridge, GA. I have been associated with High Country Art & Antique Gallery for over 12 years. It has been a wonderful association and many new friends were made. The gallery is a very nice one, and has some very good artists, but at this time it felt like a time to move my artwork. The focus and style of the artists in the gallery has changed gradually and I was now the minority with my representational art. So . . .

Now I am represented by Wrapsody in Blue which is just down the street -- on East Main Street where there are many wonderful shops and loads of people visiting Blue Ridge walk and shop. Most of the time, when you walk into the store, you will be greeted by the owner, Michael Brunson. Everyone that works with him is just as friendly and helpful! Here is a photo of the front of the business:

The business sells high end furniture and accessories -- along with decorative items . . . and now my art! The artwork actually shows very well as the interior of the business is set up with little areas of seating, tables, and accessories like a home would be. They put one of my larger paintings over a fireplace (The Stand, Pastel, 36" x 24") . . . here is a photo of myself and the owner, Michael, standing in front of it.












A new adventure for me and hopes for a great buying experience for my patrons in North Georgia and the town of Blue Ridge.

I will also be showing a few pieces with art at the Blue Ridge Mountains Arts Association (called BRMAA for short). I have been a member for many years, but had an exclusivity clause in my contract with High Country and was not able to show -- except if a "group," a competition, or another art association was having a show, I could exhibit with them.

Be sure to stop in Wrapsody in Blue if you live in or visit Blue Ridge . . . and tell them you read about it on my blog. Here are a few of the paintings you will find if you do.


Barn Beauty
Oil, Plein Air -- 11" x 14"
 
Autumn Pickets
Pastel -- 20" x 16"


















Rope Mill Rocks
Pastel -- 11" x 14"






Forest Edge
Oil on Birch Panel -- 20" x 16"













McCarthy Dogwood Turning
Oil, Plein Air -- 11" x 14" 


2 comments:

Amanda Jones said...

Hi Marsha you left a comment on Robert Genn's site and that led me to your blog. You seem to love painting trees as much as I do. Lovely work!

Marsha Hamby Savage said...

Hi Amanda,
You got that so right! I love trees and they all seem to have such a personality -- almost people! Thanks!