Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Hacked E-Mail

Please do not open any e-mail that says "Happy Shopping" in the subject. I was hacked and it mined my entire e-mail list sending a spam e-mail and then it deleted my contact list.

You might receive this hacker imbeded in an e-mail that does not say this. We did not receive an e-mail with this in the subject line. But it sent to my contacts an e-mail with this as the subject line. Most of the time it is hidden in an e-mail with a picture or a link or an attachment. I am sure it looked funny and we sent as a forward to a friend a funny picture. That is what we think happened.

I received many "undelivered" e-mails and similar type of notices of spam. This alerted me to this happening. I was able to "restore" my e-mail list from yahoo -- but I deleted any that I did not recognize immediately. If you have an e-mail address that is not easily recognized by name, I am sorry. You will eventually contact me again.

No comments: