Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Finished Entry For SPS Show


Well, I finally did the photographs -- it was actually finished a couple of days ago. The painting is of Nickajack Creek in Cobb County, near Smyrna Georgia. Smyrna is just north of Atlanta. The area is a beautiful one -- and is historic because of a Covered Bridge. Everyone paints the Covered Bridge -- but guess what? I don't! This is the creek that runs underneath the bridge and is also underneath the Silver Comet Trail.


The painting is on Wallis sanded paper, and size is 16x12 inches, and I did a watercolor wash as the underpainting. This is the second view of this part of Nickajack Creek that I have painted. The first one you see as the post just before this post. That painting is entered into a show in Ellijay GA and this one is being put onto a CD and will be sent for jurying into the Southeastern Pastel Society International Show.


The show will be held in June and I won't know whether I was accepted until about a month from now. I have two other entries: second entry is "Grand Canyon Blocks" from my trip out West last Spring. I actually did a small painting while sitting at one of the overlooks at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. But . . . this painting is rather large and is from a photograph. The third entry is "Is This Oz?" is from a photograph I took about 2 years ago on a trip to France. My friend and a student / painting buddy is in the photograph.

No comments: